Home About Us
ROLE AND THE WORK PLAN OF NORTH CENTRAL PROVINCIAL COUNCIL AGRICULTURAL MINISTRY
In terms of vision of this ministry “A Treasure land A Prosperous Crowd of Farmers” the role of the ministry is to be the pioneer of the province while being the facilitator and active moderator of creating an affluent agricultural land accomplished with creativity over the resources available for it and to generate a proud farming community with high living status through preserving and inspiring characteristic and historical cultural uniqueness of North Central Province.
Accordingly, satisfying the requirements of the community and the development process in a friendly manner through perfect coordination to supervise the available resources productively in the fields of Agriculture, Agro products marketing , Animal products and Animal Health as well as fisheries with accurate planning designed as per the provincial policies set up parallel to national policies for a sustainable development to register the contribution of the community in this province for national development is also comes under the role of this ministry .
Principle component of the work plan of this ministry is to compile the provincial policies pertaining to the subject of the North Central Provincial Council Agricultural Ministry. In the process, identification of development programmes in terms of the designed policies and preparation of project proposals accordingly and getting the approval and implementing such programmes and evaluating and recognizing the weak points and introducing remedial issues and uplift the socio economic condition of the farming community in the area also included in the role of the ministry. More over, preparation reports applicable to the scope of duties of the ministry and producing the same for respective institutes is also come under the responsibility of the ministry.
Further, recommending and forwarding the development proposals prepared by the departments of this ministry as per the provincial policies for approval and monitoring the progress of such programmes are also among the prominent duties of this ministry.
All the coordination activities related to financial requirements of this ministry as well as the departments come under this ministry and accurate maintenance of accounts and payments and auditing and monitoring of the departments of the ministry and assuring the proper function of procurement procedure of the ministry and all the establishment duties including transfers manner in which motivating the staff and monitoring actions are also included in the role of the ministry.
Long Term Objectives
Adhering to the traditions and modern technology of agriculture and uplift the harvest and production accordingly and boost up the living status of training community who are 80% of the population and assuring the security through sound evaluation of the contribution of women for national development.
Short Term Objectives
Securing and highlighting the local traditions at national level and achieving long term long objectives accordingly and in the process integrating the interconnected programmes between the ministry and respective departments, designing and preparation of policies and methodologies.
1. Formalizing the organizations of farmers for agricultural activities in North Central Province through Agricultural Development Cooperative Societies (ADCS) initiated in year 2009. Establishing the circulation loan scheme and conducting awareness and training programmes for the society officers regarding the scheme.
2. Presenting the benefits of the development programmes designed by the ministry and the department to beneficiaries through Agricultural Development Cooperative Societies (ADCS)
3. Giving priority to local crop promotion and spreading out programe.
4. Preparation of short term programmes to pass the knowledge, skill development, modern technology and crop technology to farmers swiftly and easily.
5. Development of strategies to ensure the maximum contribution of women farmers in agriculture and animal husbandry sector to register them in national development process.
6. Obtaining the assistance of private sector in middle and large scale agricultural investments.
7. Implementation of marketing value increasing system for agro productions.
8. Introduction of priority, value adding and milk requirement evaluation programmes in North Central Province.
9. Organization of provincial level programmes of ministry and department in an integrated manner for a formal operation and database system.
11. Development of local food promotion technology and enhance the consumption.